Monday, September 10, 2007

first week of Japanese

Hajime mashite. Becca desu. Watashi wa Columbia Daigaku no gakusei desu. Watashi wa ichinensei desu.

I am interested in taking Japanese because I find Japanese culture so interesting and would love to spend time in the country. My first week of Japanese was a little scary but also very exciting. It is completely different than anything I have learned before, which makes it fun but also hard. I particularly like writing the hiragana. Speaking is the hardest for me; pronunciation is hard and it's hard to put together sentences on the spot.

Dozo yoroshika! -Becca Lewis

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Did we scare you? すみません。This class will be fun! I promise.

Anonymous said...

Hey Becca. Yeah, it's definitely very scary the first class. But I think that's what makes it exciting: it's simultaneously frightening and interesting. You think you want out, but then you realize you had fun and want to keep doing it.

I guess it's like a roller coaster.

Unknown said...

にほんごのクラス(class)はジェットコースター(jet coaster=roller coaster)です!

はなえ said...

konnichiwa becca-san. i agree with what you said. i think with each class it gets a little less scary though...maybe?

Johanna said...

oh yeah..I was scared the first week, but it's so much fun! I guess I make a lot of mistakes but I learn from them! Kanbate!!