Monday, September 24, 2007

Abroad

It is exciting to think that in a few years (maybe my junior year), I could study abroad in Japan. I've heard such good things about both Kyoto and Tokyo, I think either one would be amazing to study in. However, I know that in order to feel comfortable going there, I'll want more than just an introductory course worth of Japanese knowledge. I went to France after several years of studying French and it was still overwhelming! I think I will continue to take Japanese up until I have finished at least intermediate 2 (and hopefully more, if I study over the summer). Then, I also realize, that the very best way to learn the language is to immerse myself in the country!

1 comment:

olegzergmaster said...

Studying abroad in Japan sounds awesome. I was a 4th year student when i first started studying Japanese, but i think I could still work there this upcoming summer.